I was reading in my Better Homes and Garden magazine and saw an ad for this local health challenge. Fox 5 and the Southern Nevada Health District are sponsoring the program. I'm not going to go into all the details but basically you go to their website and sign-up to receive a weekly challenge via email. I just signed up and this weeks challenge is to control portion size. They have great tips and explain different ways to help you control your portions. Each challenge is a simple step you can take to help you become more healthy; the program is free and you can be eligible for weekly prizes as well! I thought I would just let all of you know about what I thought was a fun way to help us all make positive changes for ourselves and our families. I once heard (I believe it was from Oprah's Dr.Oz) that our children's generation will be the first generation to have a shorter life expectancy than that of their parents. I just think that is awful, with all of our knowledge and the medical advances of our time...that should not be the prediction!
http://www.gethealthyclarkcounty.org/
2 comments:
Sounds fun, thanks for letting us all know. I'll check it out.
Thanks for the post on my blog, it's fun to check out your blog and see your kids. You look so beautiful, and I have never seen a pic of cash (He's ADORABLE!!!)
Thanks Steph...I just signed up and am ready to eat my 4 salads this week!! =)
Post a Comment