1.14.2008

I'm Sorry!


Ok...I know it's been forever since I posted so those of you that have been threateing me can chill now! It's been a crazy month and it doesn't look like it will be slowing down any time soon. I really don't know where my days go sometimes. Connor and Kenna were both in their second music performance right before Christmas. Connor was Joseph and Kenna was a camal!(The cutest camal ever!) It was so cute and really helped us think about our Savior and what Christmas is about. I hope that they will be able to remember that fun performance when they get older and the good feelings that they had telling the story of Christ's birth.

We had a really nice Christmas. We spent it with both Johnny's and my families. Christmas Eve we spent at my parents home and had a really nice dinner. (my mom is such a great cook) Then we did the nativity and then exchanged gifts between the names that we rotate each year. Christmas morning we woke up and did our own thing, then we headed back over to my parent's house to open the rest of the gifts and then in the late afternoon we went over to Johnny's parents and had a yummy mexican feast and then exchanged gifts with everyone there. Busy busy, but it really is a lot of fun. There have been times when I have thought maybe it would be easier if we lived in a different state so we wouldn't have to rush around like maniacs but I know that I would hate it! I love having both of our families here and love spending the holidays with everyone of them. We really do have great families. (Love you guys!) Oma made each family a quilt with pictures of our families on them...they were beautiful.

For New Years we had our good friends Josh, Liz and Brody as well as my sis, Bethany and her three girls over. We ate food and the boys played the Wii. I had plans for a night filled with games but I hurt my neck really bad and couln't move it. I was in tremendous pain and it was all I could do to just sit on the couch and chat. We rang in the new year New York style so we were done at 9pm. I did have fun despite my neck and most of all, really enjoyed the company. (Notice the towel on my neck that I forgot to remove for the picture! Thanks Liz for the towel, it really helped!)




Brody was scared out of his mind and needed his Dad to hold him.

9 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

What did you do to your neck!? Why is it the mom always as to suffer somehow!!:) Not always, but I did kinda laugh when I saw thae pic with the towel around your neck. Looks like you holidays were great!! (Other than your neck incident!!)

Heidi said...

So glad to read an update :) Sounds like a great Christmas - loved looking at all the pictures!

Crush on Andrew huh? I bet he was so cute at age 13!!

Sheri said...

What a great memory the kids created with the nativity.I love how your family does it to.By any chance do you have the video of Morgan having the hiccups during her solo? I would love to get a copy of it.Hope your neck is feeling better.You know sometimes the holidays are a pain in the neck,literally.Ha HA

S&M said...

Sheri, I'm sorry I didn't record the whole play and so I didn't get Morgan's hiccups. I think I remember Bobboi recording the whole performance that night. Sorry!

Heather and Ray said...

It looks like your kids had fun in the play. I love all of the pics you posted. Cute family!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow-I was beginning to think you gave up on blogging! The pics were fun to look at! I wish we could have come to their play-hopefully next time!

Unknown said...

Wow-I was beginning to think you gave up on blogging! The pics were fun to look at! I wish we could have come to their play-hopefully next time!

Nicole S said...

Hmm, I wouldnt say that they kiss often in front of us, but its not uncommon for us to see. I thought it would be something funny and good to document, so I snapped a photo. You must be one proud momma to see your kids acting out the Nativity play. Sorry to hear about your neck. Hope you feel better!

VivaLasFloyds said...

Hey Steph! Cute blog and family!
-Carla