5.28.2008

May in Review

I just wanted to write about the things I didn't make note of this month real quick. We are excited for summer; only 4 more days of school!

This is Cashy's new favorite thing to do. He loves sitting in this chair and watching "Gicky Mouse" in the playroom, all by himself.


The Johnson family came over to our house to celebrate Jakob's and Matt's Birthdays, as well as Mother's Day with Oma. Oma got a fun beach bag, a book, Danielle's popcorn and a gift certificate to the book store. We had chocolate and lemon cake and ended the night with Jakob getting a big goose egg on his head! Poor guy, it looked like it hurt! I had a really nice Mother's Day. Kenna made me a flower pot that she modge podged and then planted pretty little flowers in it and Coco made me a recipe book. Each kid in his class wrote down a recipe for each Mother's Day book...it was so cute and so funny! Johnny got me an under the counter radio and ipod docking station, which I love and a gift card to Nordstrom which I promptly put into use. My favorite gifts are the ones that my children make for me, I love to see there anticipation before they give them to me and then after they hand them to me, I love to see the pride on their little faces as they watch for my reaction! It's the best! Although I don't have any pictures, we did go over to my Mom's house on Mother's Day and celebrated Min's and Adam's birthdays too! We had a barbeque, brownies and homemade ice cream. I love my Mom!



Coco had his end of the season football party. They had pizza and cupcakes and swam for a little bit! The water was 75 degrees and they didn't mind one bit! Coco raised his hand when the coach asked who was coming back for the fall season. Each player got a trophy, certificate and a metal.



Lillie cut her own hair for like the fifth time and this time it couldn't be fixed with a little off here or there. Min called me up and told me what she had done and said that she asked Lillie why she would do such a thing, Lillie said, "Mom, I just wanted to look like Kenna." Min's right, how can you get mad at that? Anyhow, so Min came into town and Aunt Stephy gave Lillie a Kenna haircut and she couldn't have been happier about it, and I think it is just way too cute on her!


Cody had his you know whats cut off. Poor puppy! He did really well though. The vet told me to leave the cone on for 7-10 days...YEAH RIGHT! It was more like three days.


On the way to go get Cody from the vet, I was pulled over and given a ticket for not making a complete stop at a 4 way stop sign...which I guess he wanted me to stop and count to 5 before going. I was soooo MAD! He pulled me over and was like, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said no I didn't and then he told me I didn't stop and I said I thought I did and he said no and then he's like "You also shouldn't be talking on your cell phone either!" and I said, "I wasn't sir." and he's like "It sure looks like you were." Then he asks to see my cell phone and I hand it to him and then he tells me to pull up the call log, so I did and of course my last call was like an hour prior to him pulling me over. He's like, "Oh. Well it sure looked like you were on your phone, did you have your hand up to your ear?" I'm thinking "Are you serious?!" I wanted so badly to ask him if he wanted to rethink seeing me not stop at the stop sign since he was so sure I was talking on my phone! Anyhow, when Johnny came home from work he brought me some beautiful flowers home and told me he was sorry I was having such a bad day. I love him!


For Min's birthday, my Mom , Min and I, with our kids went to Sammie's for salads and the "Messy Sunday"! YUMMY!



We took a quick trip to California over Memorial Day weekend to catch a Dodger game and play at the beach. The Dodgers lost to the Cardinals! (boo) It rained and so we swam at the hotel instead of the beach and then on the way back home we ate lunch and played arcade games at Dave & Busters! We had a good time and even survived the car ride without our DVD player.
This is when I realized Coco needed a serious trim!

23 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys were busy in May! It is so fun just hanging out with family! That is my favorite thing to do. I love my mother-in-law and my husbands sisters! Holly moved to Colorado so I don't get to hang out and go shopping with her anymore:-( Anyway, great pictures! We LOVE the Dodgers also!!

Unknown said...

Looks like May was fun and busy! I must say Wade and I were a bit jealous about the Dodger game-hopefully we'll get one in before the season ends!

The Foster Family said...

It all sounds fun- hope you get to take it easy now that summer is here- or is summer more hectic with the kids out of school- it all seems crazy to me!

☂niki. said...

steph, you crack me up! unfortunately, the vintage clothes do smell weird. at first anyway. whenever i sell them, i always wash them first to get the smell out. it goes away after a wash or two, and from sitting in your closet. to know what is vintage, you have to do your research! look things up on the internet and look at old pictures. it really is fun! research different eras, usually, i find one that i am more drawn to, so it's easier to find. sometimes it's hard to tell what is really vintage or not, but i say if it looks vintage and is from a thrift store or estate sale, by all means, it's vintage!!

April Garvin said...

Thanks for posting your life in May! It was fun to read about what happened. I am so proud of you that you werent MEAN to the stupid cop. Even though he deserves it! Your family is great and I miss you all so much!

Bettina said...

Hi Steph,Romina got very big eyes because I showed her this fantastic ice cream cup! She said, she could never eat all of this. What funny hat my aunt is wearing at the picture.

Kaspar said...

Your family is so adorable! You are looking amazing! xoxo!

Kasey said...

You had a fun and busy May - sounds like it was summer vacation already! What a sweet husband to bring you flowers on a bad day...mine does that too and I love it. Too bad it rained at the beach - I want to take my kids to the beach SO badly. I love it. But we're going to Reno this summer to spend time with my husband's family. Maybe next year...

Mindy said...

This is my favorite post so far. It made me smile the whole time. I love the cop story I could picture the face you were making as you were listening to that crazy man. I wish you would have told him what you were thinking (you have before). I love your kids and how fun they are.

Heidi said...

The messy sundae looks YUM!! And where do you do football for Connor?? Logan is wanting to start now that he is 6.
That sucks with your cop story...I am assuming it was a motorcycle cop?? They are usually the mean ones. =(

The Kennedy Family said...

I love that Lillie wanted Kenna's hairdo...so cute!
Sounds like you guys are having fun over there and all your pics are so cute!
I would love to try that messy sundae...looks so good!!

Josh&Lizzy said...

I love the part about poor Cody and the flowers. You guys are really one of the cutest and sweetest couples we know. Let Cody know that Brody totally feels his pain. He'd like to welcome him (with condolences) to the "no nads" club.
Liz & Josh

☂niki. said...

I will definitely keep my eye out. Sometimes solids can be just as exciting as prints if you find something with detail. You could even throw in a vintage belt, solid or printed to add contrast. When wearing belts, you want to wear it on the smallest part of your body to draw the eye to that area. For some, it is right under the bust, for others it is on the natural waste line. Adding a scarf is another way to bring in contrast and excitement. Good luck! Keep me posted. Sounds like fun. I'll let you know if I see anything.

☂niki. said...

P.S. I commented back to you on my post then wondered if you would check there so i decided to post it here. FYI..incase you do see it on my post and wonder what is going on. :)

Heidi said...

Fun times! And the cop that pulled you over sounds like a real jerk! But I'm sure the flowers cheered you up!

☂niki. said...

sorry steph, i just saw your comment about the red lipstick. i would just try to stick to as true of a red as you can find. make sure not to go too orange. the color i have on in the picture is called Ruby Woo from MAC. i love it! i think it's the perfect classic shade. i also just bought a fun color from NARS. its a deep fusia(sp?). i feel like its a modern take on the classic red.

Michelle said...

How nice of your hubby to get you flowers! You deserved them! Can't wait to plan our CA trip with you guys! And I love the countdown to the beachhouse!

Brad and Leslie said...

I love the cone on your dog! Jax never had one and he didn't lick even once. It was heavenly. You should bring him over to the next fight night (our house - July - be there). Your hubby knows the date. :)

Steph said...

I love that your kids will sit through a ball game! Mine won't sit through a 30 minute TV program :) Okay so it's not that bad but we don't know if we want to chance it...yet!

Heather and Ray said...

I love the layout of your blog. I love how you have the center column. How did you do that. I want to start blogging again. Also where you have your family picture at the top of the blog who designed that? Cute!!! Cute!!!

Nicole S said...

Steph, you are obviously a very good writer and have great pics. What a great gift for a bad day! The flowers were gorgeous, the Messy Sundae looked divine! and good job on the hair cuts. Baseball game looked fun. Do you guys ever go to the Las Vegas 51s?

steph j. said...

Heather, I can email you the instructions I've typed out and saved for the three columns or you can call me and give me your password and I'll just do it for you, whatever is easier for you. http://jamiecarterdesigns.blogspot.com/ Is the website you can go to for a blog header, I don't know how to create one of my own, so I just paid her to do it.

Nicole, We have been to a few 51's games, they are fun, but not as fun as going to CA to see our Dodgers play!

Heather and Ray said...

My email is heatherdawn_26@yahoo.com. What is your email? I remember you told me a while ago that you can't get into my blog. I'm not sure what happened but send me your email and I'll email you an invite. Ray likes me to have a block on it. Thanks a bunch!!!!!