5.13.2008

Field Day 2008

May 2nd was Coco and Nen's Field Day. It was a pirate themed field day and half of the activities were fun water ones. They got soaked! All of the second graders wore orange shirts and first graders wore yellow shirts which was helpful in trying to pick them out in the crowd. Johnny and I both were able to sign up as parent volunteers for the activities. It is a lot of fun to watch the kids interact with their school mates. Johnny and I talked about our field day memories and how that was the funnest day of the year. I remember doing things like long jump and high jump and racing though, they don't do events like that anymore. I remember winning ribbons for first, second and third place too. I also remembering that on field day my teachers were actually normal, real people! Kenna had to show me her mad monkey bar skills that she has developed this year which have left her hands calloused all year. After field day, there was a family picnic, we had sandwiches, chips and fruit on the school lawn. It was a great day at school and to top it off Coco and Nen even got to go home early with us!














5 comments:

Melissa D. said...

I remember those good ole field days too! I'll have to look forward to those again starting next year.

April Garvin said...

steph - I love the pictures. I am happy that you put these online. I love and miss all of them.

Unknown said...

Good job on the monkey bars Kenna! Looks like the kids had fun and what a great idea for a family picnic afterwards!

Kasey said...

I used to LOVE field day! I remember buying snow cones. What a life that was. Cute pictures of your kids!

Michelle said...

Fun times! I tagged you TWICE! Love ya!