1.06.2009

Thanksgiving 2008







We had a nice Thanksgiving this year, we spent the day with my side of the family.  Poo and Heather were both able to come home and so it was great to have all six of us there.  My first turkey turned out yummy; it was moist and tasty.  I highly recommend soaking the turkey in a brine, it's fabulous.  My Mom also made a fabulous turkey and we both made stuffing and so we had way too much food.  The great thing about too much food is everyone got to take home leftovers for a whole other meal.  I also had a grown-up moment this Thanksgiving when I realized just how much work Thanksgiving dinner was to make for my sweet Grandma Norma.  My Aunt Judy and Uncle Lee would come with my seven cousins from Arizona in addition to my family and two other Uncles.  I had no idea those many years ago all that she did.  I wish sometimes that we could know more when we are little so that we could show our appreciation to our elders.  I wish I could tell my Grandma how grateful I was for her love and acts of service she gave to our family.  She was wonderful and created so many lovely memories for me.  My Mom is just the same and I hope she knows how much I appreciate all she does for our family, for the great example she is, for her service and for her unconditional love.  


5 comments:

Michelle said...

That turkey looks yum! Glad to see your photos! I miss you guys terribly!

☂niki. said...

your thanksgiving looks like it was lovely. why would you speak such rubbish??!! i think YOU are amazing! i'm glad you read my blog and i'm glad i can read yours:) we miss you guys!

Bettina said...

Wow, what a delicious turkey! By the way I tried to call you on Dec. 25th, but I couldn't get you. I will try it again soon.

Bettina said...

Oh, maybe I haven't the right phone number. Could you write me your actually phone number? Thanks a lot.

The Lyons Family said...

Sorry we were going to call you but we seriously had no time. It's such a pain sometimes having so much family there that we have to visit. Did mindy tell you we saw her? Thanks about the hair it's still driving me crazy. Hopefully next time we come down it will be for longer and we can get together. Also your always welcome to come visit us in the great state of Idaho!! :) What a fun trip that would be for you city folk lol.