10.22.2008

Fun to ask...but be prepared to learn the truth

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Coco- "I love you"
Nen- "Pick up your room."

2. What makes mom happy?
Coco- "When I do something without being asked."
Nen- "When I say I love you"

3. What makes mom sad?
Coco- "When I do something wrong."
Nen- "When I don't get things done on time.'

4. What is her favorite thing to do?
Coco- "Spend time with us."
Nen- "cook"

5. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Coco- "Stay home with Cash"
Nen- "I don't know, I'm at school"

6. What is your mom really good at?
Coco- "Cooking dinner"
Nen- "Taking care of kids"

7. What is your mom not very good at?
Coco- "Riding a skateboard and playing video games."
Nen- "Jump rope"

8. What does your mom do for her job?
Coco- "You don't have one."
Nen- "She's a mom."

9. What is your mom's favorite food?
Coco- "Salisbury steak w/ mashed potatoes and a gravy pool."
Nen- "Salisbury steak."
(That's what we had for dinner that night...although it is one of our family favorites, I wouldn't say that's my favorite food.)

10. What makes you proud of your mom?
Coco- "She takes good care of me."
Nen- "She takes good care of kids."

11. What do you and your mom do together?
Coco- "Go to the mall."
Nen- "Shop."

12. How are you and your mom the same?
Coco- "You said we have the same nose."
Nen- "brown hair with highlights"

13. How are you and your mom different?
Coco- "Um, I don't know what to say."
Nen- "She's tall and I'm short."

After asking these questions to Connor and Kenna I realized somethings about our relationships. Now it's Dad's turn...

1. What is something Dad always says to you?
Coco- "Go do that, go do this."
Nen-

2. What makes Dad happy?
Coco- "When I do stuff for him."
Nen- "When I'm by his side."

3. What makes Dad sad?
Coco- "When I don't do what he says."
Nen- "When I do something wrong."

4. What is his favorite thing to do?
Coco- "Play football with me."
Nen- "Work."

5. What does your Dad do when you're not around?
Coco- "Go to work."
Nen- "Work."

6. What is your Dad really good at?
Coco- "Golf."
Nen- "Working."

7. What is your Dad not very good at?
Coco- "Hunting lizards."
Nen- "Getting kids to school on time."

8. What does your Dad do for his job?
Coco- "Pay bills, helps the poor and sick...a buisness job."
Nen- "Distinctive Insurance."

9. What is your Dad's favorite food?
Coco- "Taco Bell."
Nen- "Steak"

10. What makes you proud of your Dad?
Coco- "He's a good Dad."
Nen- "He works for us."

11. What do you and your Dad do together?
Coco- "Watch football games."
Nen-

12. How are you and your Dad the same?
Coco- "We like to play video games."
Nen- "We both wear clothes."

13. How are you and your Dad different?
Coco- "I don't go to work."
Nen- "We don't have the same hair."

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! Kids are so honest! I miss you!

Heidi said...

8. What does your mom do for her job?
Coco- "You don't have one."
Nen- "She's a mom."

This is my favorite!! Kids are so funny! I am scared to ask my kids these questions:-|

Unknown said...

That was cute-I think I would be afraid to ask my boys some of those questions. I might have to try it and depending on the result, decided if I should post it or not!!!

Kasey said...

That was cute...I think it would be so funny to ask my kids those questions. I'll have to do it and if they're not too bad I'll post them.

Jennie Z said...

What a great idea! That will be fun to look at a few years down the road.

April Garvin said...

Can I just tell you that I was laughing so hard at Kennas answer that Dad isnt good at getting the kids to school on time. LOL and then I cried when I read Connors answer that you and him have the same nose. STEPH DONT DO IT!!!

April Garvin said...

Can I just tell you that I was laughing so hard at Kennas answer that Dad isnt good at getting the kids to school on time. LOL and then I cried when I read Connors answer that you and him have the same nose. STEPH DONT DO IT!!!

Mindy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your kids. Can I have them?!? They are so dang cute. So I think I know what you realized but still tell me. Sometimes the way to judge if you are doing a good job is to ask your kids. I think you are the best. I love you and I love how very much your kids love you!!!

Heidi said...

Those answers are great and it sounds like your kids have a love of shopping like you do! I agree with everyone else - the thought of asking my kids these questions is frightening!

Melissa D. said...

What a cute idea. It's fun to know what the kids think.

Gardners said...

That was a really cute post. I love the honesty of children, even when it hurts!

Sheri said...

That is way funny, I am going to have to try that with my kids. Also Nicole Cave wants you to invite her to your blog.

Brad and Leslie said...

Yeah! Your invitation finally worked! I've felt so out of touch with you!