10.02.2008

Catching up!

I was waiting till I made the blog private before I added another post
and so now I have quite a bit to catch up on.
Connor has started his second season of flag football and it has been a lot of fun because Kartor is on his team.


This past Tuesday was his first pack meeting, where he was given his Indian name and his Bobcat award. Bro. Horito asked the scouts what name Connor should be given. After a few minutes of all the boys shouting different names, we all agreed on Leaping Lizard because Connor likes to catch horny toads and lizards. Kevin Janison from News 3 came and spoke to the scouts about the importance of reading. He is the author of two children's books, the second one will be out Nov. 1st. He read his first book to the boys and showed them how a book is made. They took a group picture together and Kevin said Hi to his cub scout friends last night on the 6 o'clock news and showed the picture.


Brother Horito laughing at the names being shouted from the scouts!

Sister Grant called Connor up to receive his Bobcat.

Connor pinning my Bobcat pin on...I didn't know I was supposed to wear a collar.

Congratulations Connor!

All the scouts with Kevin Janison.

Johnny left for Texas Sunday September 14th with Matt, James, and Josh to go see the Cowboys play Monday Night Football. They had a really good time and the side of Johnny's face did get on TV too! (We are like famous!) They waited outside of the Cowboy's hotel and met some of the players and got autographs. The Cowboys won 41-37 in one of the most exciting games of the season. Min came and stayed at my house while our husbands were gone because we are both big wusses and get scared to be home alone, especially at night. Dad was grateful that we had each other so we didn't have to go stay at his house.


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The weekend after Johnny got back, I was able to attend Time Out for Women with Mom and Min. The theme this year was "Joyful Life"; the speakers were really good. Hillary Weeks sung many of her songs and told some of her life experiences. Michael Wilcox, Virginia Hinckley Pearce, Amanda Dickson, Pam Hansen and Chris Stewart all spoke as well and it was all wonderful; I feel like my lamp was filled a little bit more. Next year the theme is Sweet Assurance and they won't be coming to Vegas, but they will be in St. George and I would love to be able to go.

Author Chris Stewart, Me, Hillary Weeks, Min, Mom and Author Amanda Dickson


President Hinckley's daughter, Virginia signing a book for Min.

All the presenters on stage.

We got a piano early in September; it's something we've wanted to do for a while. We figured with Coco starting lessons this school year a little keyboard was going to cut it. We found it listed on Craig's list and feel like it's just perfect for our families' first piano. Kenna and Connor are progressing well and I look forward to the day when beautiful music feels my home! :)


I just have to say how much I love having Min and her family back in town. We have been trading on Tuesdays and Thursday so we can go volunteer at school and we also watch each others kids on the weekends so we can have date nights with our husbands. She is a way fun aunt and my kids LOVE to go to Aunt Mimi's house. A few weeks ago when they were there she let Lil and Nen put on a fashion show! I just love what they came up with.


I just love Lil's gold forehead.



Last Saturday we drove to St. George for Kylee's baptism. Note to self: St. George is an HOUR ahead of Vegas...always has been! The baptism was at 4pm so I was thinking in my mind that I could leave at 2 and get there like 15 minutes before the baptism starts and everything would be great! So I get the kids in the car, stop and get a red box movie and drinks and start our commute. Right as I was about to get on the 15 I looked at the clock and realized that it wasn't 2:10 it was 3:10 in St. George and there was no way I was going to make it alive in 50 minutes. I called Shell in tears and explained why I'm a retard and apologized. We walked in just in time for the closing prayer. Kylee was beautiful and Shell did share with me the feelings she felt during the service and the spirit that was in the room, which made me cry again! I'm so proud of Kylee and I'm glad we were able to go and celebrate with the Hartshorns afterward. They are so special to me, Shell is such a good friend and I just love them all.

Congratulations Ky!


We also celebrated Kenna's 7th birthday on Saturday. That morning we gave her presents. We waited till Monday night to take her to her restaurant choice...Chucky Cheese! Yum! =(
Oma and Opa came to celebrate and gave Kenna a really cute outfit. She's already worn it twice in 3 days. We had a good time visiting with Oma and Opa and watching the kids run around. My little princess is getting bigger and I don't think I like it!

Daddy and I brought doughnuts to Nen's class for her birthday on Friday.


Kenna with her new birthday outfit and charm bracelet from Daddy.

Finally, we had our September FHE at Mom's this past Sunday. We celebrated G.G.'s 79th, Kenna's 7th, and Brooklyn's 2nd birthdays. The boys played football in the back yard while the girls were making something on the sidelines. Fun and creative Aunt Mimi made them all "pirate" hats from tissue paper, they were so cute!







Happy Birthday G.G., Sis, and Brooklyn!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for telling our secrets! J/K. I really am loving being back too and I love all the fun things we have been doing but mostly I just love your family and your kids are so fun I really LOVE having them around.

Bettina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNA!!!!!
Nice to see new pictures, especially from you Steph! Thanks for your invitation! I love to share pictures with you. It's nice to see how close you are with all of your family.
Greetings to all of them.

The Kennedy Family said...

So many cute posts that I have missed out on! That is so great that you and Min trade and can help out in classrooms!
The necklaces turned out so cute!
Your kids look adorable as always!

Kasey said...

So many things going on! Did they not paint Conner's face when he got his Bobcat? A boy in our ward just got his and they did this whole thing where they painted his face. Anyway...I ALWAYS want to go to TOFW but I never make the plans. I will have to get my mom and sisters on board the next time it's here. Are you still planning on Girls Night Out on Saturday? Let me know so we know how many to plan for.

Heidi said...

I love Hilary Weeks!! My favorite song of hers is "He Hears Me". And I can't believe Kenna is already 7! WOW!! She is so grown up!!

Josh&Lizzy said...

You girls are SISSIES!!! Just kidding... I sometimes get spooked when I'm home alone and there's no sleeping Josh to protect me. And the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY shoutout to a most darling Kenna! You guys have been BUSY!