10.13.2008

It's been a week

A week ago today, Cash said goodbye to his ginkies and it has been pretty OK. It really hasn't been as bad as I anticipated. It does make me sad to hear him cry in his bed for those few minutes, but nothing I can't get through. Last night Cash fell asleep in Johnny's arms and Johnny said, "It's so sad to see him sleep without his binkie." I don't know why, but I think the same thing when I check on him while he's sleeping...so sad...no more baby!

Kenna started a tap and jazz class, I can't wait to see what her recital costume is going to be. She's not sure if she wants to admit that she had fun last week in class.

Connor was switched to a new third grade class. All of the classes were over on the number of kids they should have and so he is in Mrs. Shirley's class. I helped her get some things set up in in her new class on Thursday before the kids came on Friday, and got to spend some one on one time with her. I was very impressed with her and I'm very excited for Connor to have her as a teacher, I think that even though change can be hard some times, this will be really good for him. I'm anxious to talk with him about his first day with Mrs. Shirley.

Friday was the Fall Festival at school. The kids had fun playing the carnival games, Connor won a fish and of course it was the very first game he played and so I got to carry the fish around in a plastic bag for two hours. I love being a Mom!

Saturday, Connor had another football game. Both Kartor and Connor scored touchdowns and it was a very entertaining game to watch. Even though they lost, it was a good game!

Saturday night we went bowling with Josh and Liz. (still recovering from a pulled muscle in my hip...dang it!) After bowling we went to BJ's and had pizza and p'zookies, well Josh and Liz had the apple crisp thing. We always have a good time when we go out with them; aren't friends great?!

Today I'm trying to keep myself under controll and not pack up all the summer clothes, I know we still have some warn days coming up. Dang it's COLD!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

It's sad when our babies grow up isn't it!
And dang it's been cold these last few days. I thought it was a funny site at Target on Saturday - lots of people shopping for long sleeves and long pants for their kids!

Heidi said...

I struggle with that too...I had to force myself to leave out some shorts when I was bringing out all their winter stuff. It is COLD now but later this week it is supposed to be high 80's again.
I know what you mean about seeing the babies without their paci's...it is sad! Just knowing they are growing out of the baby stage!

Bettina said...

What you mean with cold? We already turned the heating on!!!
I'm going to go to England on 23th together with my father. He wants to see his sister once again. I go with him because he will be a bit helpless without speaking english, we will leave at 27th so we will miss Julie and marinne. That's sad, wished we could stay longer.

Heidi said...

We had to look in all the boxes in our house to find some warm cloths for the girls! Poor little Cash! My sister-in-law is trying to do the same thing with her little boy... but having NO luck!

Vicki C said...

Cashy can come to my house. Grandma will give him a ginky. Just kidding. I wouldn't want you to start over. I would have a really hard time resisting if he asked me for one though.

Kasey said...

I LOVE that Connor's teacher's name is Mrs. Shirley - like in Anne of Green Gables. You'll have to ask if she is a fan of the books/movie. And it is sad moving out of the baby stage, but Colin is three and I still think of him as a baby. He still has that squeaky little voice and still says, "Mama, I want to hold you." I love it!

Unknown said...

Getting rid of binkies is a sad day-that's probably why Mason had his till he was almost 3-yikes! Let me know when Kenna has her dance recital-I would love to come if it works out! We'll see you guys on Friday!