8.28.2008

Back to School


So I think I should have started getting the kids on their back to school schedule a couple of weeks before school started, maybe even a week would have been sufficient...so...note to self...the night before, doesn't work so well. It's been rough! Isn't starting school bitter sweet? By the time the last day of school comes around, we are so ready to just chill, relax and have no schedules, no places that we have to be to, then by like the end of July, beginning of August I'm ready to have a schedule again and then with going to the beach for a week it just snuck up on me, and I felt like I wasn't ready! Oh well, I'm thinking by next week or at least the week after things will be better. The kids did have a good first day of school and like their teachers. Connor asked me if I was going to be sad having him gone all day again and I told him yes. I really was but it's Thursday now and I'm good! Cashy understands more this year of where Connor and Kenna go all day and gets really excited when it's time to go pick them up. Connor had his first piano lesson Monday after school, he said he liked it. Kenna's piano teacher, Jennie is leaving for college and so Kenna has a new piano teacher (Jennie's Mom, Lisa), she loves them both. The adjustment this year for Kenna (and me) is that she has her lesson in the morning, it was a bit hectic Tuesday morning but, I think I just need to make a few changes in our morning schedule and things will be better next week. They have other activities that will be starting soon so...here we go! When is Christmas break?

Kenna is irritated with me taking her picture because the bell had already rung.

14 comments:

Heidi said...

Are they in 2nd and 3rd grade this year?? Wow!! They are looking so grown up now! And that would be hard with piano before school. Even though my kids are up by 7am, I still find us a little rushed getting to school.

steph j. said...

Heidi, Yes they are in 2nd and 3rd no, Can you believe it? So sad!

Bettina said...

Steph, I understand you. I'm glad that my kids still have a week at home. Then I have to see how everything is working, because both of them will visit a new school. And Nico's school is not in our town. Romina will go to school with her bike, so we have to look about the savest way for her.

Mandi said...

They are so cute... I love my hair, you're the best

Brad and Leslie said...

Ok Steph, there is absolutely no way you could deny Kenna. She is such a doll! Piano before school is nice for me - Minty is Zoƫ's teacher and she brings her & Trevor to school for me - sweet!

Kasey said...

They look so cute for the first day of school. So how was the week with only one kid at home? I loved the little break I got with Trevor in kindergarten and he and Colin don't fight as much since they're happy to see one another when school is out!

p-diddy said...

oh my gosh i miss you all so much!!!!

Sheri said...

Isn't it funny how we are glad when school starts, so we can have a little more peace and quiet, but when they leave we want them back.

steph j. said...

Paige, I need you to invite me to your blog, I can't see yours! You're the cutest!

Heidi said...

Your kids are too cute! I love that school has started again - I need schedules and structure in my life!

Kris said...

I can't find your email, so send it to me and I'll send you the links and directions to Vivas.

☂niki. said...

They are so cute! And getting so big!

Nicole Cave said...

Dallan did the same thing Kenna did ...I think he was slightly nervous for first grade!

Josh&Lizzy said...

Woo-hoo! Happy days are here again, huh?? They look so happy!