We had the wonderful opportunity to spend a week on the beach in Oceanside for our family vacation this summer. Thanks to Matt we had a fabulous beach house to stay in; it was really nice! We left August 2nd and came home on the 9th. Johnny, Matt, Coco and Treyvan left earlier than the rest of us to go see the Cowboys Training Camp and to go watch the Dodger game that evening. They had a lot of fun and the little boys were exhausted by the time they got back after midnight that night. The weather could not have been more perfect while we were at the beach. We shared the house with Matt and Mandi and then Mom and Dad came for a few days at the beginning of the week and them Oma and Opa came for the later part of the week; it was great to have grandparents with us and the kids loved having them there too. We ate home cooked meals, played pool, and put coins on the train track. We spent everyday on the beach usually 6 hours a day, hauling all of our stuff like the umbrellas, E-Z ups, chairs, cooler, toys...and along with Chris and Jen's stuff too, you couldn't tell we were from out of town at all! ; ) The kids had lots of fun playing with their cousins and the Maes's kids. We also got to see the Dixon's on the same beach and say Hi for a minute. All of the kids had such a great time playing in the water, boogie boarding and playing in the sand. It was so nice to just let them play "outside", something they're not used to here. Coco spent almost the whole time we were at the beach in the water, coming out only to put the boogie board down or to grab a snack. Usually I'm ready to come back to my own house after being gone a week but when the last day came we didn't want to leave beautiful CA. We want to definitely make the beach part of our future summer vacations. Thanks Matt and Mandi for such a fun week.

Daddy and Connor at the Cowboys Training Camp

Uncle Matt and T-Bone!

Who knows? (sorry) Ok, so don't I feel sheepish...I now know it's

Daddy and Connor at the Cowboys Training Camp

Uncle Matt and T-Bone!

Who knows? (sorry) Ok, so don't I feel sheepish...I now know it's
Jessica's boyfriend.

Dad and Coco at Dodger Stadium


Connor doin' his thing!

Grandma & Cashy

Dad giving Kenna a little help on her boogie board

This was Kenna's face right after she rode the wave in...she had a ton of fun but didn't want to admit it; I don't think she went boogie boarding again!

Connor and Treyvan


I just love her beach curls!

The cutest girls on the beach!

Cashy lovin' the "big water"!

Having so much fun...until...

...until the waves came!

Coco the Stud!

T-Bone the Stud!

YES!



After 8 years of having kids...

Seriously? Could they be any more alike?

This is the cause of all the drama...look at that face! She couldn't make that big of a stink, right?

Way to go Opa!

I could just sit and watch Cash play on the beach all day long.

My cute little beach babe!

My three monkeys!

This is what Cashy's face looked like most days.

My handsome husband!

We love you Oma & Opa!

Friday was Rilee's birthday and so Opa & Oma took us all out for breakfast to celebrate! Happy 8th Birthday Riles!

Ok...so this was hilarious! The whole entire time we were eating, this was Matt's view out the window. Poor Matt lost his appetite...thanks for taking one for the team! Look at Matt's face...it was too funny! You can click on the picture to get a better look at why Matt is shaken up!

One of Cashy's favorite things at the beach was to walk around with Aunt Mandi's toy bin on his head; he did it everyday we were there.


Oma rented this bike for us to take the kids around in, although my legs felt like they were going to fall off, I did have a lot of fun in it!

One last picture of the kids before we left.
Cashy, Riles, Nen, Ro, T-Bone and Coco.
More pictures from Mandi's camera...

Coco's eyes were red like this almost the whole week...poor little dude.










Dad and Coco at Dodger Stadium


Connor doin' his thing!

Grandma & Cashy

Dad giving Kenna a little help on her boogie board

This was Kenna's face right after she rode the wave in...she had a ton of fun but didn't want to admit it; I don't think she went boogie boarding again!

Connor and Treyvan


I just love her beach curls!

The cutest girls on the beach!

Cashy lovin' the "big water"!

Having so much fun...until...

...until the waves came!

Coco the Stud!

T-Bone the Stud!

YES!



After 8 years of having kids...

Seriously? Could they be any more alike?

This is the cause of all the drama...look at that face! She couldn't make that big of a stink, right?

Way to go Opa!

I could just sit and watch Cash play on the beach all day long.

My cute little beach babe!

My three monkeys!

This is what Cashy's face looked like most days.

My handsome husband!

We love you Oma & Opa!

Friday was Rilee's birthday and so Opa & Oma took us all out for breakfast to celebrate! Happy 8th Birthday Riles!

Ok...so this was hilarious! The whole entire time we were eating, this was Matt's view out the window. Poor Matt lost his appetite...thanks for taking one for the team! Look at Matt's face...it was too funny! You can click on the picture to get a better look at why Matt is shaken up!

One of Cashy's favorite things at the beach was to walk around with Aunt Mandi's toy bin on his head; he did it everyday we were there.


Oma rented this bike for us to take the kids around in, although my legs felt like they were going to fall off, I did have a lot of fun in it!

One last picture of the kids before we left.
Cashy, Riles, Nen, Ro, T-Bone and Coco.
More pictures from Mandi's camera...

Coco's eyes were red like this almost the whole week...poor little dude.









13 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful trip to the beach. We had to postpone ours because of Morgans arm.
Looks like you guys had a blast! I love all of the pics-I have the cutest nieces and nephews! I can just see Matt's face now-I didn't even bother enlarging the picture-that was funny!
That looks like so much fun! I can't wait for next summer when we take the kids to the beach. I think next time someone else needs to take pictures, you're only in one of them!
Awww, that makes me miss the beach!
Love the pics! Looks like you guys had a blast.
I love Kennas swimsuits...so cute!
Can't wait to see ya this weekend!
Awww, that makes me miss the beach!
Love the pics! Looks like you guys had a blast.
I love Kennas swimsuits...so cute!
Can't wait to see ya this weekend!
Kasey, That's how it always is, my kids are going to wonder if I was ever around when they get older because I'm never in the pictures!
I am so jealous. We need to take a family trip were we aren't just visiting family. Looks like you had so much fun and some good laughs that one of Matt and his "friend" is so funny. We miss you guys!!
You guys look like you had a great time! I couldn't have done it. I would have needed a vacation from the vacation. Kenna is the cutest, and I agree I love the beach curls! ;) Love ya!
I love how everyone has nicknames!!
I am so jealous...I want a week at the beach so badly!!! It looks like a ton of fun and the kiddos are so dang cute!! And you are looking like one hot mama too!!
Love the pics., but the girl with the thong was the best. At least she was thin so it could've been much worse. You all look like you had a ton of fun in CA. I'm wanting a vacation now!!!
OK - that picture of Matt at the diner has got to be one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen. Like, laugh out loud funny. It looks like you guys had a blast down there! We'll miss you guys next weekend - your kids baptism is the only valid excuse for missing a fight, just so you know. :) C-ya in October!
Hi Steph, thanks for your comment.I think it would be funny to have you here! It's great to see everybody.I also like it to be together with good friends and/or the family.I love to be at my place, but next year I think the kids want to go to the sea. I would also not be at the pictures, but I sometimes ask someone to take a picture from me. It would be nice to get to know you better. Love- Bettina
We have to make it to the beach next summer...I missed doing that this year!
Post a Comment