Johnny and I got to fly to Mesa for a quick weekend get-away. We stayed with Courtney and Todd (thanks Wes for giving up your room!). When we got there Court & Todd took us to meet Syd, Lynds, Wende & Lonny for lunch at Oregano's, a pizza place with awesome pizza and salads! That night Aunt Judy, Wende, Court, and I went to an outdoor mall in Tempe and met up with Niki and Boyd for some Japanese...yummy! Johnny went with Todd to the Dodger and D-Back game. The next day, Johnny, Todd and Wesley went to the lake and Courtney and I went to Wende's to bead! That was a lot of fun. Wende has tons and tons of beads, it was amazing. These are two of the necklaces I made.

Later that night it was girls night; I was so excited to go because I'm always reading about their "girls night out" nights and they always look like they have so much fun so I was really so happy that I got to go with them! Aunt Judy, Lynds, Cout, Wende, Niki and I rushed to Sprinkles and got there like one minute before they closed, Courtney dropped us off at the side walk so we could run in before they locked the doors. We got our cupcakes and then went to this fabulous pizza place...OMG! I can't remember what it's called right now, but it was sooo good. After that we went next door and got some "real" gelato. It was better than any other gelato I've had before! Johnny & Todd went to the ASU game while the girls went out and he a good time. I had a really great time hanging out with my way fun cousins! I should do that more often. When I left I told them thanks for the wonderful culinary experience, everything tasted great and I started to wonder why a city like Vegas didn't have some of these places. I do think that the cupcake place that's on Durango by Golden Spoon has just as good of cupcakes, maybe better...sorry cousins! The frosting isn't as cute, but the cupcakes are really yummy! We'll have to go when you get here!

Later that night it was girls night; I was so excited to go because I'm always reading about their "girls night out" nights and they always look like they have so much fun so I was really so happy that I got to go with them! Aunt Judy, Lynds, Cout, Wende, Niki and I rushed to Sprinkles and got there like one minute before they closed, Courtney dropped us off at the side walk so we could run in before they locked the doors. We got our cupcakes and then went to this fabulous pizza place...OMG! I can't remember what it's called right now, but it was sooo good. After that we went next door and got some "real" gelato. It was better than any other gelato I've had before! Johnny & Todd went to the ASU game while the girls went out and he a good time. I had a really great time hanging out with my way fun cousins! I should do that more often. When I left I told them thanks for the wonderful culinary experience, everything tasted great and I started to wonder why a city like Vegas didn't have some of these places. I do think that the cupcake place that's on Durango by Golden Spoon has just as good of cupcakes, maybe better...sorry cousins! The frosting isn't as cute, but the cupcakes are really yummy! We'll have to go when you get here!


7 comments:
There is a cupcake place here?? I LOVE cupcakes. Tell me where it is and I'll be there! By the way, we're having a girls night out on October 11th at 6 p.m. at Cheesecake Factory. It's for our group of girls, but if you want to invite Mindy she's welcome to come.
I'll tell her, I'm sure she'll come. I'll have the info for you when we meet at TCF.
You are so not Nasty, so stop that. You are gorgeous! And thanks a lot me and Jeremy are in our second week of weight watchers(again I know) and now I want a cupcake, dang it!!
The necklaces are cute!! Send me a picture with their faces so I can put it on my Bead Blog! Had so much fun- glad it wasn't too crazy for ya! Miss you already!
I did a daouble take when I was reading the names and saw nasty. You are so silly, and just like me by the way! I hate how I look in pictures. I'm surprised there was not a line out the door at Sprinkles. There are three cupcake places in town. May favorite is Mad Hatter Cupcakes. It is like the Cold Stone of cupcakes. You pick your cake flavor, filling flavor, frosting flavor,a nd topper. It is over by my school, so every Monday night I am there :)
That was such a fun weekend and I can't wait to see you again in November!! We MUST go to your cupcake place too!
Love love a girls night out and a privilage that all mothers need to do. Even better is getting out of the city and taking a breather. I'll have to try the cupcake places since my mouth is watering just looking at them.
Post a Comment