.jpg)
I was relieved that it's a cute picture of my kids and not some ugly one of me. So this was taken in 2005, Connor was 4 and Kenna was 3. We got a cute little bunny, named Thumper. I loved this little bunny. I cleaned his cage out once a week, we played with him, he was a sweet little guy. I was so excited to have a bunny too because I got to have the cutest little Easter cards made up to send to our families that year. Well shortly after Easter that year, April 1st, April Fool's Day to be exact; I was in the front yard with Connor and Kenna washing the car or something of that nature while Thumper enjoyed hopping round the front yard taking in the fresh air. I didn't notice that Connor had gone into the garage and found a paint roller and decided he was going to go give the bunny a little bop on his head ("Little Bunny Foo Foo..."). I turn around and noticed that our bunny was acting a little weird and as I got closer to him, I see his eyes are like popping out of his head and there was blood coming out of his ear. Next to the bunny is little Connor holding a paint roller in his hands having no idea what he just had done. He wasn't being mean he thought he was just playing with him, I started to get a little choked up and asked, "What happened?" Connor could tell I was upset and realizes something is wrong and so he doesn't talk just motions with the paint roller what he did to the bunny. By this time the bunny is like hopping lazily in a circle, making a blood trail onto the sidewalk while having convulsions. I don't know what to do so I call Johnny at work, totally crying and I tell him that the bunny is dying and I don't know what to do for him. Johnny starts laughing and says, "Ha Ha Ha, April Fools Day!" I'm like, "No, I'm serious!" Johnny hated this bunny and so he thought that was the perfect April's Fools Day joke to play on him. After he figured out that my tears were for real, he felt bad and got serious and then proceeds to tell me how to finish the bunny off by breaking his neck, and of course I then am in hysterics. He tells me to go get Bill our neighbor so that he can take care of it, by the time I walk down to his house and come back, Thumper had stopped breathing and passed away on his own and I was grateful for that. I know others don't share my love for bunnies and might think I'm a little crazy and some might even call them rodents (Julie), but I really do miss that little bunny!
I tag Jessi, Niki, the Heidi's, and Amy!
5 comments:
Oh Steph! I am so sorry! That makes me so sad to hear about that. Now I feel bad that I tagged you. I would have been in hysterics, too! He was a cute bunny..
You poor thing. Those are the "Mom moments" that are the hardest for me--you have to be the grown-up and take care of something so upsetting. Sorry.
Yikes - what a sad story to go along with such a darling picture! That bunny sure was cute though!
And I'm assuming I'm one of the Heidi's you tagged? Good because I wanted to blog today but had nothing exciting to blog about!
That's so sad. Such tough things us mommy's have to do sometimes. I'm glad thunper went on his own and you didn't have to break his kneck.
Oh by the way I forgot to tell you your blog is so fun.Your family is adorable. You are still as beautiful as ever.
Post a Comment