4.29.2008

Mutton Bustin' at the county fair

Kartor and Connor waiting for the Mutton Bustin' event to start.

Kartor's ride
Connor and Kartor's numbers

Izzy, Lil and Anna waiting for lunch.

Cashy the cowboy

Dad, Mom, Oma and Opa

Ben with the little piggies.


OUCHY!!
James, Kartor, and Connor

Connor contemplating his 2nd ride.


Coco being introduced before his second ride.

Connor's very short 2nd ride.

Mimi and Cashy

Saturday, April 12th we headed out to the county fair in Loganhell so Coco could Mutton Bust for the first time. Last year Kartor participated and told Coco all about it and he has been counting down ever since. Coco had his football game that morning and we left straight to the fair. We waited in the line for the exit off the freeway for an hour and a half, in which Johnny and I both had to use the restroom the first minute of that line. It was when I saw the really long line for the exit that I remembered that Wade said the line every year was ridiculously long and that he was going to go through the back way through Overton, I told Johnny that I remembered Wade saying something about that when we stopped at the end of the line and he was wishing I would have told him that before the Valley of Fire exit; he would have gladly paid the entrance fee, driven the extra miles, and gone the long way through Overton than sit in the car for over two hours! (ooops) Kenna said she had to go after forty five minutes and luckily I had a cup in the car for her to go in. I thought we would have plenty of time to get there for the Mutton Bustin' but we didn't and thanks to James who picked up our tickets up at will call for us and waited in the parking lot to rush Connor in for the contest, Coco did get registered in time. Kartor rode first and stayed on for a little bit and got helmet full of mud; as he was walking back to the gate he was hitting the back of the helmet trying to get the dirt out of his face, it was so funny! He makes such a cute cowboy. It was really exciting to see Coco riding the sheep and he placed second in the first round, won $27 bucks, a belt buckle, a t-shirt and a chance to come back later that night to compete against the other top riders! He was so cute! We had Ben, Anna, and Andrew with us for the weekend which was a lot of fun! Wade's family does food at the fair and his Mom told me that they were doing pulled pork nachos, so we headed straight there after Coco's event and it was delicious! We hung out with Oma and Opa, Aunt Jess, Mimi, Uncle James, Grandma and Grandpa and lots of cousins under the shade of some trees. After taking a break, we took the kids to see all the animals that they have at the fair. My favorite was the momma pig and her piglets. Connor wanted to get a cowboy hat and rope, so we took him shopping and he picked out a nice black hat and a pin to put on it as well. We went back later that afternoon for the Mutton Bustin' championship event and Coco was ready to win the BIG belt buckle! He got on top of his sheep and stayed for about 1 second, the sheep fell on his face right out of the gate and Connor came in last place. Oh well! He had a ton of fun!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

What fun day with the family! Way to go Connor! He is THE most handsome little cowboy ever! Miss your cute kids!

Michelle said...

I forgot to mention that Cash is THE cutest little cowboy EVER! It's a great look on the both of them.

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for these pictures! You have the most photogenic kids--soooo cute! I still think Connor should have got a re-ride on the 2nd round, oh well! He did awesome and it was so fun to watch!

Mindy said...

That was fun remembering that day. We had a lot of fun. I love the pictures of Cashy and Connor. Can I get copies of all the pics please? I hope everyone caught what you called the town because if Sin city is your heaven I will gladly take hell!!!

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

I am definitely the favorite just look at that kiss. oh and about the hair situation .... I know and thats all I have to say about that

Brad and Leslie said...

Glad you had fun at the fights! It looks like you had fun at the fair. I'll have to take my kids sometime - I'll keep your traffic woes in mind! Les

Chuckie said...

All I can say is its about time you finally posted these pics. Looks like everything went great. Connor did good it looks like a blast. Maybe we will head out there next year with you guys.

Melissa D. said...

Good job Connor. That looked like it was so much fun. We went last year but didn't really do much there. I can't believe you waited in that line for an hour and a half!

Heidi said...

Mutton Bustin!!! That is hilarious!!! Glad you guys had fun! It is always fun to go to the fair and have some small town experiences for a bit!!

Kris said...

As a child whenever we went to our UT family reunions mutton was always served as the main course. Now I can see what I was forced to eat! Thanks!! Looks like your kids had loads of fun. We haven't been to the state fair in ages. I'll have to try and make it next year.

Heidi said...

Yep, we also got stuck in that traffic - NO FUN!!! We actually saw Johnny off in the distance when we were walking around at the fair. Connor is such a cute cowboy!